Sunday, April 17, 2011

Day 28 (April 17)

Foot was still a bit swollen when I woke up this morning.  It's odd how the swelling really seems to be in the foot and not as much in the ankle.  May just be perception though (although I can tell when my foot is being squeezed).

Having a hard time finding the right balance between keeping it down and elevating.  Swelling doesn't go down as quickly as I would like it to.  I had my foot down for about 40 minutes this morning and then elevated for a few hours.  Had it down while I bathed (20 minutes), then again while I was in the car for about 15 minutes, then at waist level on couch for 3 hours before 15 minute drive home.  It's swollen and aching this evening.  I can even see the swelling in my toes.  Was planning to attempt a few hours in the office tomorrow but will have to wait and see if the swelling is down in the morning.

Today is 4 weeks since the surgery.  Tomorrow is 3 weeks until I get the cast off, get boot, and can start partial weight bearing.  Can't wait to put this whole experience behind me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment