Friday, April 8, 2011

Day 19 (April 8)

Had a horrible night.  Couldn't get pain under control.  Can't believe how up and down it is - tolerable one day and then miserable the next.  Feel like I've gone back to the 2nd week.  I did sleep with leg elevated and woke up with it still swollen, feeling very hot, and painful.  Keeping it up as much as possible.  Going to try going to class tonight.  If I can get in and get my leg propped up, I may be okay.  This will be a good test.  Driving will take me 10-15 minutes to get there and then 10 minutes to get up to room.  Really going to be pushing the limits.

Update: ended up taking a Norco around noon.  At 2, I decided I couldn't go to class but changed my mind and went.  Made it from 6 to 8 and then started getting worried about swelling.  Had leg down/partially elevated for about 3 hours total.  Elevated as soon as I got home but by 11, the bottom of my foot had swollen out of the cast and was pushing on my toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment