Monday, April 11, 2011

Day 22 (April 11)

Had a terrible nights sleep and woke up pretty sore.  Noticed an ache in my calf muscle around 10 am that just kept increasing.  I tried to move around or shift to see if it would subside.  The most it would go away would be for 30 seconds after moving into certain positions.  I decided to call the doctors office and left a message for nurse at 11:50 am.  My pain kept escalating and at 1 pm I took a couple oxycontin.  Called doctors office again at 2 pm and they said I should get checked for a blood clot.  Went to docs office where they cut off my cast and put me in CAM walker.  Went to the hospital where they did an ultra-sound.  Fortunately, it was negative.  Have fluid and bruise where the incision is in my calf.  Was very painful when tech pushed on there with machine.

Leg is very sore after being manipulated and I ended up taking an Oxy extended release for the first time since coming back from hospital a few weeks ago.  Painful but it's tolerable.  I head back to docs office tomorrow morning to get a new cast.  Going to stay medicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment