Saturday, March 31, 2012

1 Year + (March 31)

Got my stitches out yesterday and everything looked great (exact same as pictures posted last weekend).  I saw the medical assistant and not the doc.  I have to keep wearing the boot 24 hours a day for 1 more week (except for showering) and then I can start taking it off for sleep.  Really looking forward to that.  Will be in the boot for a total of 6 more weeks but can begin transitioning away from crutches shortly.  The MA did say that she will check with the doc to see if I can go without the boot for my interview in 3 weeks.  I mentioned that the pain has actually been getting worse, especially at night.  She said that is completely normal as things are healing and I'm moving around more.  She said to expect to be on and off pain meds for another 4 to 6 weeks.    

Although we didn't do much with my foot yesterday, it was the most painful it has been since surgery.  I was told to take my meds before the appointment and I am glad I did.  I took two oxy at 9:20 and my appointment was at 10:30.  The MA used that brilliant magic spray to numb my skin so I didn't even feel her take the stitches out. She then put me in a new Cam walker and I was on my way.  Everything was fine until 1 pm when my foot started to hurt.  By 1:10, I was in the most pain I have been in yet.  Wow, it was bad.  Guess the Oxy really had been working and was wearing of.  I took another dose and it kicked in about 20 minutes later.  Definitely dampened the pain but didn't eliminate it.  It was like that all day so I spent the rest of the day on pain meds.

No comments:

Post a Comment