Monday, March 26, 2012

1 Year + (March 26)

Well, I have some good news and some bad news.  My doctor's office called today to follow-up regarding the potential infection of my foot.  After I filled the nurse in on what happened, I was able to ask her some questions about my recovery.  The good news is that she was very impressed with how few pain killers I have been taking.  She said most people are calling for refills by the second week and the fact that I've been down to as little as one dose a day is really impressive.  Now the bad news.  Because the doc split my achilles tendon, I have to wear the Cam walker boot for an additional 6 weeks after I get the stitches out Friday.  Really bummed about that.  I was still under the impression that I was going to be able to transition to a normal shoe shortly after getting the stitches out.  Of course, now is the time when potential employers are calling and I may have to wear my gimp boot to an interview which I'm sure wont benefit me in any way.  Oh well.

As far as the foot is concerned, I had a rough day yesterday and took a dose of Oxy followed up by 1 Lortab.  It seemed to settle things down.  My foot still does seem to get very achy at night.  Feels like there is a lot of pressure built up inside.  So, before I bed I took my valium and 1 Oxy (instead of the full dose of 2).  Slept like a baby.  I do have phone interviews coming up this week so I'm going to try and go the whole day tomorrow without taking anything.  Night time is my biggest concern but I have to give it a shot.  I want my head to be as clear as possible.  

My boot still smells like the plague.  I did order a new liner that I can pick up anytime but I'm going to wait until I get my stitches out Friday so I can fully wash my leg and start out fresh.  I just can't be in enclosed spaces too long.  Gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment