Tuesday, April 3, 2012

1 Year + (April 3)

The last few days have been up and down.  The pain definitely comes every night though and requires meds.  I stopped taking the valium on Saturday and switched from Oxy to Norco yesterday.  I had the worst night of sleep yet last night and woke up in terrible pain.  I had to take more Norco first thing this morning.  The worst part about that is the Norco makes it impossible to study or do any type of thinking.  I called my doctors office and requested a refill of the Oxy this morning but they are saying they don't want to give me any more.  It has only been two weeks since surgery so this is a bit surprising.  The nurse said she will check with the on-call doc since everyone else is on vacation.

I did begin transitioning off of the crutches on Sunday and it has not been easy.  I'm trying to put more weight on my foot in the boot which results in pain in my heel and achilles.  So far, it hasn't been overly miserable but I think that I need to go slow this.  I'm also continuing to get pain in the front of my ankle which is very strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment