Saturday, March 26, 2011

Day 6 (March 26)

Cutting back on some of the pills but still taking dilaudid shots.  Pain still goes from a 5 to 8/9.  My surgeon stopped in and said I should be able to leave the next morning.  I asked him if I was just a total sally for having so much pain and he said absolutely not.  It really varies for each person.  Some people have moderate to severe pain and others have severe.  Every person reacts differently.  I emphasized that I felt like such a baby and he started to get mad.  He said that he should have explained the procedure in more detail before the surgery and what to possibly expect afterwards.  He said the procedure should have been in-patient.

1 comment:

  1. I know we're three years down the track but I'm going to comment any way! I'm having everything but the gastrocnemius slide in three weeks so I'm digesting blogs in preparation. The one thing yours has taught me is to be grateful to be living in New Zealand where I can expect at least a two day inpatient stay.

    ReplyDelete