Tuesday, April 10, 2012

1 Year + (April 10)

Okay, this is scary. As noted earlier, I saw the MA to get my stitches out 2 weeks post op. She told me I could transition to FWB between 2nd and 3rd week, sleep with boot off at night, and that it wouldn't be a problem to fly for my interview next week (5 weeks post op). I just spoke with the surgical nurse to confirm if I could sleep with my boot off. She checked with the doc and:

a) I am only allowed to pwb since the bone is still healing.
b) I can not sleep with my boot off and need to keep my leg elevated.
c) I am not allowed to fly or have my leg down for extended periods of time.

No wonder I'm having so much pain and my leg is swelling so much. Now I need to find an alternate way to get some place 12 hours distant by car in order to interview.




No comments:

Post a Comment