Wednesday, February 15, 2012

10.5 Months (February 15)

Here are some pics of what is happening with my achilles.  Today I took my mother to the doctors office, walked a total of 4 city blocks, and the rest of the time was sitting.  I was probably on my feet for 25 minutes total.

The first picture shows the difference between both ankles.
This second photo shows the left foot only.  The bottom circle is where the screws are for the oseotomy.  The middle circle is where I'm getting the burning pain.  The top circle is my achilles.
For comparison, here is my good foot.

4 comments:

  1. for anyone reading this blog I also am doing a blog on this surgery.

    http://kristysfootsurgery.blogspot.com/2012/02/day-43-doctors-updatetears.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for adding the link. I created a section at the beginning of this blog listing other blogs. Hopefully us sharing our experiences help others. Good luck in your recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JamesWP, What does your surgeon say about what is happening to your achilles? That is kind of scary! My surgery was May 25th so I am 9 months out now. This is such a tough recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to see him on March 2nd. I was laid off in 2010 and my COBRA plan ran out in August of last year so I've been restricted by a pre-existing condition clause and haven't been able to see him. It will be interesting but I really don't have much faith. I tried to switch to a different doctor but it they are booking a month out. It really shouldn't be so tedious to get good help.....

    ReplyDelete