Monday, January 2, 2012

9+ Months (January 2)

I posted the below response to someone on the Healthboards forum that asked for an update.  Don't think there is anything in it that I haven't posted here before.


I would say my foot is about 70%.  I get random pain but it is pretty light most of the time.  I'm beginning to get more sensation along the lateral side of my foot.  When I first get up to move, it is very stiff and I still get burning at the back of my heel and the lateral side where the incision for the osteotomy is.  The bottom of my foot is still sensitive if I'm walking on an uneven surface, especially if I step on something.  Long walks (over an hour) result in stiffness and additional pain for about a day.  Long trips in the car also aggravate it for the rest of the day.  I went bowling over the holiday and was very sore the next day.  One thing that is very random is that I had to go up a full shoe size.  Now I need a 13 for my surgically repaired foot and a 12 for my non-repaired foot.  Makes things a bit challenging.

No comments:

Post a Comment