Monday, August 12, 2013

29 months (August 2013)

Saga continues....

I went to China in June and three days after getting back, I started getting nauseas and having terrible abdomen and groin pain.  After two trips to urgent care, two rides in ambulance, three ER visits, one CT scan, three ultrasounds, and one MRI, we still don't have answers.  The doctor isn't sure if it is the spreading of the CRPS or a nerve injury from sitting crammed in a plane for 14 hours.  I'm now on the fentanyl patch with norco for break through. The pain had localized to my groin and privates.  Feels like they are constantly being squeezed.  Miserable.  Getting a nerve block next week.  Hope it helps.  Doc really wants me to consider having a neuro stimulator implanted but I'm not sold.  Definitely mixed results to read about.  There is a new treatment that has been very successful.  It involves high doses of a ketamine injection for a few days.  Going to research.

On a side note, I am now taking Gralise instead of Gabapentin (neurontin).  It is incredibly helpful.  It is extended release version and is amazing.  Only down side is that most insurance won't cover it.

This whole episode is now impacting my ability to work.  Haven't put in a full day since June.  Scared to think about what the future may hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment