Monday, January 14, 2013

21 Months (January 14)

Had a few comments posted so I think it's time for an update.

Since my last post, I've moved half way across the country for a job.  It is awesome except for my stupid foot. I've developed hammer toes and am working on stretching the tendons again.  I will start pt soon. The pain comes and goes, no big change there. I do live in a mountainess area and it is pretty depressing not being able to fully enjoy. Hikes are limited and skiing is out of the question. I am still on the same meds and my norco dose is up to 5 a day. I've also been prescribed clonidine for breakthrough relief but it doesn't really do anything. My new pain doc had me try Nucynta. It's the first new opioid developed in a long time. Supposed to work as a regular opioid and have the same effect as tramadol. Some people love it. Didn't do much for me and gave me anxiety. I was on the 100 mg pills.

My doc warned me a while back that I may develop back problems due to limping for so long.  Well, that has happened. I have a pinched nerve in my neck that sends electric shocks down my arm and into my face when really bad. I can barely sleep because my back hurts so bad. I'm getting an MRI of my neck soon.

The really scary news is that when the doc administered the versed to knock me out for my most recent injection, he had to give me 12 mg. the normal dose is 2 mg! That means that if I ever have an injury and need pain relief, it will be very difficult to achieve it. Not good.

Lastly, I've had flare ups since I've been in Colorado. I've gone to the ER and they completely blew me off. I guess that's the difference between a hospital in a medium size town and a major metro area.   They just assume here that you're a junky. Even though I brought in all my files. Terrible and scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment