Monday, August 8, 2011

4 Months+ (August 8)

My recovery has really seemed to have stalled.  The pain in my achilles area seems to be getting worse and the ankle joint is very sore when walking.  The fascia on the bottom of my foot is hurting quite a bit.  My big toe is incredibly weak and the whole bottom of my foot plus my ankle hurts when I try to flex it with any resistance.  Getting very frustrated again.

I did go boating over the weekend and suffered from the usual daytime swelling but it went down over night.  I did step onto a boat cushion that must have had a latch or screw underneath and it really hurt my heel.  It wouldn't have felt great on my good foot either but my repaired heel is still extra sensitive.  Had that horrible burning feeling....

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear your news. However, I am feeling the exact same way.
    I am now 11.5 weeks out and my ankle, bottom of heel, and back of my ankle (?) are so sore. I have had a horrible week. My heels still feels like it is cutting in half. the inside of my foot by the heel has an indention and my ankle feels like I've sprained it. I am still in a boot so I don't think it is possible. I started a job this week so my foot is very swollen so I'm assuming that is what is causing the pain. Sorry for the long whiny note but I wanted to know that I UNDERSTAND the frustration of feeling like the healing is slipping or going backwards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, From your blog, you have had good and bad stretches, so hopefully this next week will be much better, Good Luck

    ReplyDelete