Wednesday, January 24, 2024

January 2024

 Wow, it has been a very long time since I last posted. My life has changed quite a bit. I got married, bought a house with my wife, and a father to a beautiful 6-year-old. I still face challenges with my feet and the medications have since caused other problems with my body. Overall though, I'm doing the best I can.


My wife and I would like to have another child but my body is not cooperating. The doctors believe the methadone has somehow impacted my pituitary and that's why I have to get testosterone injections every two weeks. The injections help my energy and mood however they also degrade the body's ability to be fertile. I've tried going off of the injections to see if things will return to normal but nothing changed. It is extremely frustrating. 


I haven't had any additional surgeries to my feet however I had abdominal pain which led to a biopsy of a mass on my pancreas that fortunately was negative. After the biopsy, I had terrible abdominal pain that was a result of the pancreas bleeding and I ended up in the hospital for a 3 days. The following week, I started having pain again and almost didn't go into the hospital but fortunately, I did. The ER did a CT scan and detected a pseudo aneurysm of the artery by my spleen. It could have ruptured at any time. Unless in a hospital, the chances of survival are practically zero. I ended up having a procedure to clip the aneurysm but the result was killing off part of my spleen. I have to get extra inoculations now to protect against some viruses. It was a pretty miserable experience but I was very very lucky that I went to the hospital otherwise I wouldn't be here today.


Recently, I knocked my foot on the stairs. And ended up in urgent care because of swelling and my foot turning blue and purple. X-ray didn't really show anything but I'm still having problems now. It's been 2 weeks. I'm really hoping it's something that resolves on its own because I just can't go under the knife anymore. There's just no way to control my pain. This leads to another concern. The mass that I had biopsied on my pancreas could become malignant. Apparently that's a wonderful trick that your pancreas can pull off. I have an MRI scheduled for next week to get a better look at it. A friend of mine believes it is probably scar tissue. He's a doctor and does this kind of stuff for a living so I'm hoping he's correct. If it is anything else, they might have to go in and cut out part of my pancreas. It's a very serious surgery and I would probably be in the hospital for over a week. I don't know if there would be any options to help me from being in agony. I'm hoping they could give me a sedative or some type of amnesiac to get me through the first few days. Just going to think positive that it's just scar tissue and nothing else will need to be done.




No comments:

Post a Comment